Friday, October 3, 2008

The Foot Book...

One of Will's favorite books these days is The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss.



Left Foot, Left Foot,
Left Foot, Right,
Feet in the morning, Feet at night...



Sean is such a great dad for many reasons, not the least of which is his tolerance of The Foot Book. I have a two readings a day limit (not that I always stick to it) on the foot book but Sean reads it to Will countless times a night. Now that I'm teaching yoga two nights a week, Sean does the bedtime routine with Will and he's on Foot Book duty. The funniest part is that it's an old 70's book from a garage sale that my mom found somewhere. I keep trying to encourage him to check out a few of his newer books and he has very little interest. Apparently nothing beats old school Dr. Seuss.


On Monday, Will is going to be 15 months old. It's hard to believe how fast time flies. We've been in our "new" home now for a year and we're starting to feel like Floridians when we say it's been a "cool" day on a day that only hits 80 degrees. This is a picture of Marissa reading to Will at this time last year. Maybe that's when his love of Dr. Seuss began...

We've had a fun few weeks with Will. Last week our friend Brad came to visit. He was Sean's roommate in flight school and Will was fascinated with his beer as well as his suitcase.


Brad was in Tampa for the past 6 months on an IA so he also brought Will a new t-shirt for the Rays. As you can see, he wants to wear his Red Sox shirt.



We think Will is going to be a monkey for Halloween. Will's friend Brady passed along his monkey costume from last year. The costume is complete with the plastic banana!




Will still loves to cool off outside with the hose. Yesterday I was watering our plants outside and I turned around to see him standing under a hanging plant trying to drink the water as it poured out of the bottom of it. I'm trying to watch him every second but he's so quick to put the dirtiest things in his mouth. A few days ago it was a piece of sauteed spinach that had hardened on the tile. Usually it's just Cheerios and that doesn't bother me so much but day old spinach? He's too quick. I couldn't get it before he swallowed it. "Fat man in a little coat"-Remember that bit from Chris Farley on SNL? This is a cute corduroy blazer and I wanted to see if it still fit him but then he wanted to play and wouldn't let me take it off...I think it will be too small by Thanksgiving. We shall see...he just keeps growing even though I tell him to stay small. =)




1 comment:

shannonandforrest said...

I love that baby of yours! Can't wait to see you guys next week =)